IFCA The Organisation
The Indian Federation of Culinary Associations (IFCA) is a nodal body of culinary professionals in India and is an independent, apolitical, non-religious and voluntary organization of culinary professionals. IFCA was formed with the idea of developing the culinary profession and to promote culinary tourism even as it continuously scaled up Indian cuisine on the Global platform.
IFCA is a forum dedicated to connecting culinary professionals across the geography of India and globally with people and places with the knowledge they need, to succeed. More than 10 thousand chefs are committed to this mission currently.
IFCA works with an objective to elevate the culinary standards in India by serving as a connecting link between culinary professionals, culinary training institutes, allied food service industry professionals and other stake holders across the country and consistently promotes goodwill by always setting high ethical standards.
Recognized by the Ministry of Tourism
IFCA closely works with the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and the National Council of Hotel Management and its more than 40 Catering and Hotel Management Institutions in various culinary programs such as Regional cuisine Training and recording of various recipes with a single mission of developing young chefs to manage the future of the culinary industry.
IFCA represents India globally in all the global culinary events such as
- World Culinary Congress held once in two years
- Asia Pacific Forum of the World Association of Chefs Societies held every year
- World Pastry Challenge
- The prestigious Bocuse d’Or Global Competition
- World Culinary Olympics, a global culinary challenge
Awards & Recognitions
IFCA’s Awards & Recognitions are announced to honour the most deserving candidates. The Awards generally are based on the nominations received, while certain of them are also upon invitation as decided by IFCA presidium / Awards Committee.
Candidates selected for the Awards are expected to be with a high degree of creativity, talent, and passion, and are well versed in the respective discipline for which Awards are identified to be presented to the Culinary professionals and Associates who have worked/contributed towards the Mission and Vision of IFCA & World Chefs.
Recognized by WORLDCHEFS
IFCA is a National member of the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS), the apex body of culinary professionals’ world over with over 10 million members and growing. It is considered to be the UN of the culinary profession and is recognized by 103 Countries. IFCA is also a member of the World Association of Chefs Societies, WACS Chefs without Border and the World Chefs Education Committee. – IFCA has recently been awarded DIPLOMA by the WACS for its outstanding efforts towards the improvement of Culinary Professionals in India. – IFCA is also the proud recipient of the WACS Global Communication Award for its maintenance and upkeep of flawless communication systems.
World Association of Chefs Societies
The World Association of Chefs’ Societies or WACS in short, is a global network of chefs associations first founded in October 1928 at the Sorbonne in Paris. At that first congress, there were 65 delegates from 17 countries, representing 36 national and international associations and the venerable August Escoffier was named the first Honorary President of WACS.
Today, this global body has 103 national chefs associations as members that represent 103 countries over 10 million professional chefs worldwide. The biennial congress is a hallmark tradition of WACS and has been organized in over 20 cities across the world throughout its illustrious 82-year history.
WACS is managed by an elected presidential body consisting of the WACS president, Vice president, Treasurer, Secretary General, and Ambassador Honorary President, as well as a board of continental directors that look after the regions of Asia, Europe, Africa, the Pacific and the Americas.
Our programs and different activities are managed by three separate committees, the Culinary Competitions Committee, the Education Committee and the Marketing and Communication Committee as well as several sub-committees.
A glimpse of culinary events organized by the IFCA
IFCA promotes all-around culinary interest and excellence among the community in India.
- Chef and Child 2004
- Celebration of International Chefs Day 2004
- 2nd National Culinary Conference – Chennai – 2005
- Celebration of International Chefs Day 2005
- Chef Amudhapadai – Charity program for underprivileged children – 2006
- SICA Culinary Conference 2007
- 3rdNational Conference – Mumbai – 2007
- IFCA Culinary Challenge – Chennai – 2008
- Culinary Art India – Delhi – 2008
- The Great India Culinary Challenge – Mumbai – 2008
- Chennai Sangamam – Rural cuisine food festival – Chennai – 2008
- Celebration of International Chefs Day 2008
- Hospitality World 2009 – Bangalore
- Chef’s Marathon – An awareness run by Chefs – Chennai – 2009
- AAHAR 2009 – IFCA Chefs Lounge
- International Chefs Day 2009
- IFCA Student Chef of the year Competition 2009
- 4thIFCA National Culinary Congress 2009
- The Hans Bueschkens – World Junior Chef Challenge Competition-2009
- Culinary Art India – 2009
- Chennai Sangamam – Rural cuisine food festival- Chennai 2009
- International Chefs day 2010
- WACS Train The Trainer – 2010
- Hospitality World – 2010 Bangalore
- AAHAR 2010 – IFCA Chefs Lounge
- The Hans Bueschkens – World Junior Chef Challenge Competition – 2011
- International Chefs Day 2011
- Culinary Art India 2011
- 5thIFCA National Culinary Congress 2012
- SICA Culinary Challenge-2012
- Chef And Child-2012
- CII & IFCA’s International Chef meet & Culinary Exhibition-2013
- International Chefs Day 2013
- Jetro & IFCA – International Sushi Training Workshop-2014
- SICA Culinary Competition and Exhibition -2014
- International Chefs Day-2014
- 6th IFCA International Chefs Conference-2015
- IFCA Becoming a Chef-2015
- Global Culinary Exchange-2015
- Worldchefs Board Meeting-2015
- International Sushi Training Workshop-2016
- National Young Chefs Convention 2016
- 7th International Chefs Conference 2017