EXECUTIVE CHEF – LE MERIDIEN, BANGALORE
Chef Vijaya Baskaran is the Executive Chef and Executive Assistant Manager, at Le Meridien, Bangalore. He is the Vice President of the Indian Federation of Culinary Associations and a ‘WACS Certified Chef’ by World Association of Chefs Societies (Worldchefs). The Chef has an experience of over thirty-five years in the food industry. Prior to Le Meridien the overly experienced chef had worked with Atria Hotel, Taj group of Hotels, and ITDC Hotels.
Chef Vijaya Baskaran is the proud receiver of IFCA National Culinary Leadership Award 2012. He is an IFCA Chef of the Year 2008 – at the 4th National Culinary Congress Hyderabad in 2009 and a receiver of Golden Hat award from South India Culinary Association.
Chef Vijaya Baskaran
Executive Chef Vijaya Baskaran talks about the Food Lovers Gourmet City menu at Jashn, Le Meridien.
Catering for Prime Minister of India
Chef Vijaya Baskaran has been featured in books – ‘25 of India’s biggest chefs’ by Dr. Sagrika Ghoshal, and ‘50 master chefs’ by Saffron Media. The chef had an honored experience while catering for Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi at an international event held at IISc Bangalore.
Chef Vijaya Baskaran
Chef Vijaya Baskaran is an alumnus of Sainik School and gold medalist from IHM Chennai. He is the Vice President of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations, Cuisine Consultant Olam International a leading Agri and Food Business company and Co-founder and Director of Everything Recycles Ltd. He is featured in Books – 25 of India’s biggest chefs by Dr Sagrika Ghoshal, 50 master chefs by Saffron Media and is Brand ambassador for Metro Wholesale. He is actively involved in organizing IFCA’s culinary congress and other events over the years. He also represented India in Asia Pacific forum of Chefs in Bangkok and Gold Coast and was Judge at Bocuse d’or at Shanghai. He is also the recipient of IFCA National Culinary Award 2012, IFCA Culinary Leadership Award, IFCA Chef of the Year and Golden Hat award from South India Culinary Association
Chef Vijaya Baskaran
- Vice President of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations.
Alumnus of Sainik School Amaravathi Nagar.
- Gold medalist from the Hotel Management institute of Chennai
- Awarded Chief Minister’s Medal for having stood first in the Hotel Management course.
- IFCA National Culinary Award 2012 – IFCA Culinary Leadership Award
- IFCA Chef of the Year 2008 – at the 4th National Culinary Congress Hyderabad in 2009.Golden Hat award from South India Culinary Association.
- Part of many international events including Asian Games, Non aligned summit Commonwealth meet, SAARC meet, Aero shows and most recent being catering to Hon PM Modi at IISc Bangalore.
- Featured in Books – 25 of India’s biggest chefs by Dr Sagrika Ghoshal, 50 master chefs by Saffron Media. Brand ambassador for Metro Wholesale.
- Represented India at the Asia Pacific forum of Chefs at Gold coast, Australia in 2005 and in Bangkok, Thailand in 2006. President of Indian team for Bocuse d’or Asia Pacific selection 2014.
- ‘WACS Certified Chef’ by World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS).
- Event convener for 5th National Culinary Congress held in Bangalore in 2012 that saw over 400 chefs from all over India and abroad. Actively involved in organizing IFCA International Chefs Conference held in 2015,2017 and 2019. Successfully headed the events team that conducted Sushi workshop in association with JETRO in 2016 at Bangalore.
- Presently he is the Cuisine Consultant for Olam International a Singapore based leading Agri and Food Business company. The Global innovation center of Olam International is based out of Bangalore.
- Being Passionate about sustainability he has co-founded and is Director of an innovative start up Everything Recycles Ltd.
- Till recently he was the Executive Chef of Le Meridien Bangalore and as part of the new age concept of Chef- Manager; he was the overall in charge of entire F& B operations of Le Meridien Bangalore. Launched the specialty Restaurant Jashn and the Sports Bar and Lounge at Le Meridien, Bangalore.
- Career spanning over four decades and worked with India Tourism Development Corporation Hotels, Taj Group of Hotels and Marriott Hotels.